11 October 2011

A Call for "Sense of Place" Photography.

An artist out in California, Ilah Rose Cookston, recently put out a call for any photographs taken of ‘A Sense of Place.' This generic call exemplifies the conceptual looseness of this phrase, which I find alternately interesting and disconcerting. But I thought I would amplify the call by re-posting it here even though this is a new blog and, as far as I can tell, only about four people might read it.

The artist, who I do not know in any way (thanks Google Alerts!), is not interested in any particular quality of photograph. "Even blurry photographs are welcome," she writes.  The photographs might be used on her site.
 
If you send an image, include your name and a date for the photo.
Email to Ilah Rose Cookston:  ilahsart @ aol .com

3 comments:

  1. "A Sense of Place" is the title of the installation I created at Temple Coffee in Sacramento, California.

    I currently don't have a camera to take my own photographs of the installation...

    Since the install of 'A Sense of Place", interested viewers of the work have been visiting my wordpress site, and decided I ask them to email me photographs they had maybe taken while at the cafe. ( When I go to the cafe some of the people I painted have shown me photos they have taken of the installation and they are really great.)

    I also thought it would be interesting to see what parts of the installation viewers were most attracted to or felt most compelled to snap a picture.

    On a side note, please keep this post up, I am interested in what photographs I get from your interpretation on my post. Maybe a conceptually rich work of art could arise from it....

    Thank you James T. Spartz!



    "A Sense of Place"/September 10th thru November 11th/Temple Coffee/1010 9th Street/ Sacramento, California

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some how it says "Anonymous"

    Best,

    Ilah Rose Cookston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright then, total misinterpretation on my part. Well... try, fail, try again. I'll keep the post up. Maybe you'll get some interesting pics. Good luck and best regards, JTS.

    ReplyDelete